« Collin's Band Member Profile | Main | Sad Update »

September 16, 2005

A Pain in the Eye

Wednesday night 8:30, my eye right started to bother me just the slightest bit. I heard Jason bumping around the basement below me and realized it must be band practice time. I decided to pop my contact out, clean it off a bit and put it back in.

Well I popped it out, and it's still not back in. I ran down the stares, tears streaming down my face and my nose running so fast it was all I could do to keep up. My eye felt like people were digging through it with burning toothpicks. I got Shane to drown my eye in multi purpose solution, which helped, but only a little. I started looking a lot like Sauron.

The next day was I was still in excrutiating pain, so I went to the eye doctor.

Ian_Eye_Care.jpg

It was an altogether unpleasant experiance. I was confused and couldn't concentrate or hardly see. They were rather rude, shutteling me through five different places before sending me away with a prescription after not even telling me what was wrong.

All I heard was giberish and "cornea" "line of vision" "Injection" and "treat aggressively"

"You are going to put a shot in my eye?" I asked in terror.

"No." And the Doctor was gone.

"Wait, what do I do?" I asked the nurse who was walking away and clearly didn't want to talk to me.

"Go out and get that filled and put it in your eye."

"How soon do I need to?"

"Walk out that door and go straight to the farmacy."

So I did. And it still hurt. A lot. By today it was feeling better, although it's quite sore and very sensitive to light. I had to go back for a follow up visit (and maybe up to 4 more). They were a lot nicer today and I had a different doctor. This one actually talked to me. It turns out I have an ulcer on my eye. Yup, an ulcer. Like old people get in their stomachs, except it's in my eye.

Sounds gross right? Well it is. And it is incredibly painful. I would not recomend getting one.

Posted by ian on September 16, 2005 04:51 PM

Comments

Boy that's unfortunate.

However, if you do lose it, at least you have one ulcer-free eye.

Do you really think that pharmacy is spelled with an "F"?

Posted by: Jason – Band Member [TypeKey Profile Page] on September 16, 2005 05:20 PM

wow....im sorry! I hate eye doctors

they told my mom i would be legally blind in my 30's...she is stressing abotu it all the time and wants me to get surgery

i dont believe the doctors...(even though i want to be one)...feel better ian!

Posted by: Poncho [TypeKey Profile Page] on September 16, 2005 05:29 PM

that's why i saw you looking all slick in your glasses. that is wierd, dude. josh

Posted by: joshua Latshaw on September 16, 2005 06:38 PM

ahh... that explains it. Feel better señor! and nice steel pan drumming and limbo :-P

Posted by: sha'uri [TypeKey Profile Page] on September 17, 2005 12:39 AM

Doctors and nurses can be really insensitive to people. They just go on and act like you should already know whats going on and what they're talking about.
Not like us awesome Pharmacists.. we rock

Posted by: jaysonjaz [TypeKey Profile Page] on September 17, 2005 08:08 AM

Hey now mr. pharmacy-man, do not diss us nurses :-P

Posted by: sha'uri [TypeKey Profile Page] on September 17, 2005 08:53 AM

Darby's pharmacist gave her the wrong prescription! Not all pharmacists rock.

Posted by: Jason – Band Member [TypeKey Profile Page] on September 17, 2005 09:12 AM

the ones at the farmacy I went to rocked.

Jason, I will continue to spell it with an f.

Posted by: Ian on September 17, 2005 03:59 PM

. . . Sleep techs are pretty cool.

Oh, and sorry about the ulcer, dude. Maybe you should stop stressing about everything so much.

Xerxes

Posted by: Xerxes [TypeKey Profile Page] on September 18, 2005 12:35 AM

Sorry to hear about your eye. I had/have some issues with my cornea as well, you should take a trip to Wills Eye Hospital in Philly if you are still having problems. They have cornea specialist there that might be able to do more or at least let know more about what's going on.

Posted by: Jack on September 19, 2005 07:36 AM

Thanks man. I appreciate the tip. I'm very glad to say, though, that my eye is feeling worlds better. Hopefully I'm just about done with the whole ordeal.

ps. Welcome to the blog!

Posted by: Ian on September 19, 2005 09:43 AM

Good thing Ian. Now maybe you can just have ulcers in your stomach, like normal people.

Posted by: Jason – Band Member [TypeKey Profile Page] on September 20, 2005 09:30 PM

That might be better. At least my stomach doesn't have to blink all the time.

Posted by: Ian on September 20, 2005 11:59 PM

I've managed to save up roughly $57135 in my bank account, but I'm not sure if I should buy a house or not. Do you think the market is stable or do you think that home prices will decrease by a lot?

Posted by: Courtney Gidts on June 13, 2006 01:59 PM