« Brett Weber's photo shoot | Main | Hi? »

September 15, 2005

Embarrassment at Walt Disney World

Argh! Christians of the world!

Please. . . If you're going to behave as awful representatives, don't even let people know you consider yourself a Christian.

It's a shame.

Posted by jason on September 15, 2005 02:07 PM

Comments

I can see the man's frustration but come on was this a man who just ran into the wrong people at the wrong time. To criticize the whole event is a big deal. He seems to like taking pictures but I guess he never was able to catch any kids up to know good with his camera. And the whole article is abotu how out of control the kids were, but then he ends it with "And it really is a shame that Disney lets a handful of rotten apples spoil a fun event for hundreds & hundreds of other people. " So he says a handful. You would get a handful at any event!

Posted by: elvisisalive [TypeKey Profile Page] on September 15, 2005 03:58 PM

I've been to Disney World and Disneyland a large number of times and never seen anything like that (actually I did once see a fist fight one time, that was kind of funny.)

Christian's are rightfully held to a higher standard. What kind of testimony is it that "Christian Night" is the ONE night that the employees don't want to work.

Posted by: Jason – Band Member [TypeKey Profile Page] on September 15, 2005 05:03 PM

I question how he came to the conclusion that employees don't want to work that night. It seemed to me that he was just coming up with that on his own. I have also been there at night during grad night, and Pleasure Island was out of control! I also have been there during Senior Week and once again out of control! At one point there was a mob (200-300) of high schoolers coming through Epcot and they all were following this one adult with a light saber above his head signalling directions. Unfortunately, they came rigth toward the ride I was on and the employees running the ride threatened to shut it down because the "kids" were misbehaving so much. Fights, pushing, it was insane! So I know at that moment I would choose to work a night with a "handful" of problem kids compared to this mob that almost had two rides shut down on me and had the employees screaming into the microphones to settle people down. I had to leave the Epcot area to find a place a little bit tamer, but there were kids everywhere. Sounds to me like Jeff Lange has an ax to grind.

But I do agree it is very sad when a Christian event comes off as being not very "Christian like." No matter how many people are involved.

Posted by: elvisisalive [TypeKey Profile Page] on September 15, 2005 06:28 PM

see, I actually read differently, I don't think he had an axe to grind. He even said that the Christian music and artists were excellent! You're not going to get many people with an anti-christian agenda to say that. . . I know alot of Christians who don't like Christian music.

Anyway, my real point is the same you said at the end, I don't think we're really arguing. . . if you're going to advertise yourself as Christian, then make sure your actions are worthy of it.

Posted by: Jason – Band Member [TypeKey Profile Page] on September 15, 2005 07:22 PM

i think he is just a grumpy man. he needs to take a ride on "It's a Small World" to put things in perspective.

Posted by: axeman on September 15, 2005 08:19 PM

Disney World is the trailer park of the Disney neighborhood. Now Disney Land is where it's at.

Posted by: Childish on September 16, 2005 01:09 PM

Do you really think that, Childish? I didn't know you were a CA guy.

I've been to both recently and here's what I think. Disneyland is a better Magic Kingdom (except that it's smaller and that castle is pathetic compared to the Orlando one), but when you throw in EPCOT, MGM Studio, and Animal Kingdom Walt Disney World is a better destination.

Posted by: Jason – Band Member [TypeKey Profile Page] on September 16, 2005 01:12 PM