« The Bitter Taste of Rejection | Main | Simple minds . . . »

September 24, 2005

Eternity.

Eternity. Geometry. God. Here's my explanation. It just doesn't seem fair at all that a line and a ray have the same length. The line goes on forever in both ways. the ray has a definite starting point. Yet, they are the same length. Not fair. So, I was thinking... Eternity streches out in both directions for distances that never end. (This is a modern western view of time says ian.) So, a person is a ray. God and eternity have always been, and will always be. see this figure. ignore the segment. the ray is us joining into existence. Now, the real dispute is wether our 'ray' starts at conception or birth.After our initial starting point, we will continue on forever. just a thought. pick it apart.

Posted by shane on September 24, 2005 12:16 AM

Comments

God is the line. We are rays. Ian is a segment.

(Oh yeah! A geometrical diss!)

Posted by: Jason – Band Member [TypeKey Profile Page] on September 24, 2005 08:21 AM

interesting.. did you develop this yourself?

Posted by: Jason on September 24, 2005 10:02 AM

I just wanted people to know that the previous Jason is not me.

The more I was thinking about it, the more I think that God cannot be compared to a line because I think the definition of a line has to do with existing in only one plane. Is that right?

In some ways, I'd say that Geometrically that God is the space upon which we are all drawn. And the space outside of that too. And space we cannot even imagine.

Posted by: Jason – Band Member [TypeKey Profile Page] on September 24, 2005 10:38 AM

....wow. i agree with jase but then i do think too that people can be defined as a "ray" but i think our real life starts when we truly accept and follow him. i mean that's the most important part and step in our lives because thats when we truly live...

i have to think more

Posted by: Poncho on September 24, 2005 09:02 PM

I also agree with Jason, but not with Poncho. Yeah, people could be clasified as rays, but the starting point is when they are born not when they become a christain. If your ray started only when you accepted Christ then you would only have a ray if you did. And only then would your ray last forever. I don't think this to be true because it doesn't matter if you are a christian or not your ray will go on forever, weather it be in heaven or hell.

Another thought: I don't really remember what a line was called if it wnet through more than one plane, but maybe our line is like that.

We only continue in one direction but our direction takes us through many different planes.

Posted by: Esther on September 24, 2005 11:23 PM

Almost forgot to say:

Maybe the segment is just a part of our ray!! It is the part in the begining when we are on this earth. It is only a segment because it is only part of our eternity. And like our life on earth it only lasts for short while.

Posted by: Esther on September 24, 2005 11:28 PM

nice thoughts.

Posted by: shane on September 25, 2005 12:51 AM

i hate geometry, but God is awesome.

Posted by: laraanne on September 25, 2005 10:42 PM

Those diagrams inspired me to play the archer game.

Posted by: Ian on September 26, 2005 09:51 AM