« Copy Protected CDs Make no Sense. | Main | Shane's Bandmember Profile... »

September 19, 2005

The Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire

If you live anywhere near Manheim, PA, you owe it to yourself to attend the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire. If I were just 2% nerdier, I myself would purchase medieval outfits for the entire family and we would attend in "period attire."

But for now we have to be content with merely snickering at those who do go all out.

Now there is far too much cleavage on display from the wenches in attendance, and it's the only place where it makes sense to see swords hanging outside of the port-a-potties while knights relieve themselves. We go at least once a year, 2 times if we're fortunate.

Check out the pictures after the link.

featherman.jpg
A Handsome Man.

axthrowing.jpg
If you are ever under attack, call me and provide axes as my weapon. I am unexpectedly excellent at throwing axes. I stuck all 5 of them to the wood wall, and 2 hit "the target." I impressed the full time axemen.

joshlatshawcantax.jpg
Josh however. . . he was not so good. In fact, he couldn't get one of his axes to stink in the wall. Oh well, he was actually fairly good at archery.

drew_copeland_kilt.jpg
Drew and my sister Jessica were also there. Drew and this man made me feel. . . uncomfortable.

drew_jousting.jpg
And he could not get the white ring while jousting either. (for the record, he was the only one who couldn't).

drew_ladder.jpg
He also fell over when trying to climb Jacob's Ladder.

jessica_falling.jpg
To be fair, ALL of us fell over trying to climb that accursed ladder. Even graceful dancer Jessica. (I have a bruise on my shin to commemerate my fall).

fugly_man.jpg
There were many attractive people there. Actually. . . this one had a boil that squirted water at you when you got too close. Got to give him points for creativity.

fuglyman2.jpg
Another example of the beautiful peasants that gather here.

stilts.jpg
People were very tall in olden times.

Posted by jason on September 19, 2005 04:00 PM

Comments

i love the NY fair...its prob the same

I was gonna dress up as a medieval girl for halloween....but i'll stick to ninja this year

Posted by: Poncho on September 19, 2005 05:13 PM

can I just say that I ADORE the ren faire? I would SOOO love to go again! I've only been once, but I have clothes that I got at goodwill that I've been planning to make into a ren outfit and just haven't gotten around to it (MINUS DECOLLETÉ!!!) (or whatever the word is)

Posted by: sha'uri [TypeKey Profile Page] on September 19, 2005 08:29 PM

Can I just say that I climbed jacob's laddder without falling. For real.

That would be impressive, except I promptly came home and dove head-first down a hill from the top of an 11 foot ladder. I got a rather nasty concussion and a skinned face from it.

Posted by: Ian on September 19, 2005 10:32 PM

show off.

Posted by: shane on September 19, 2005 11:44 PM

If you're wondering, that's what shane said to me as I writed around on the ground, seeing double, and totally disoriented.

Posted by: ian on September 20, 2005 08:41 AM

Xerxes, did you actually buy that kilt? :-P I really wanted to get a cloak but everything there is so darned expensive :'(

Posted by: sha'uri [TypeKey Profile Page] on September 20, 2005 09:06 AM

*tear* no one posted about yesterday being National Talk like a Pirate Day!

Posted by: sha'uri [TypeKey Profile Page] on September 20, 2005 09:09 AM

You're not kidding about the prices. . . those clothes are very expensive. I saw some great boots, asked how much they were.

Starting at $360.

Posted by: jason - band member on September 20, 2005 09:11 AM

very cool. although i live a scant fifteen minutes from there, i have never attended the fair... i want to check it out.

Posted by: jd on September 20, 2005 01:31 PM

I have been a pennsylvanian for about 20 years now and I have never been either.

Posted by: Collin - band member on September 20, 2005 01:42 PM

There are some attention-grabbing cut-off dates on this article however I don’t know if I see all of them middle to heart. There may be some validity however I will take maintain opinion till I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we wish more! Added to FeedBurner as nicely

Posted by: Mould Removal Brisbane on October 8, 2011 08:34 AM

Hey There. I discovered your webpage searching with yahoo. This is certainly a particularly well prepared content. I'll be sure you bookmark it and return to examine much more of one's helpful info. Thank you for sharing it. I'll really be back again.

Posted by: Azel on February 6, 2012 06:26 AM