« Check this out. | Main | Rehearsal »

October 03, 2005

Frankenface

Recently I've been getting into playing basketball regularly. I love getting healthy, and I love the game. But man, last week was brutal. Collin twisted his ankle badly. Joe broke his finger. And I had to go to the ER because Mr. Christian Dunn treated me to the blunt side of his elbow at 50 mpg. Good thing though, I did still come down with the rebound.

So now I have a gash glued together and I look like Halloween has come early. Like I should raise my arms straight in front of me and moan unintelligibly at little children to scare them. Oh well. I have to sit out the games for a little while so it doesn't open up again. . . sigh. I hate things like that. It itches too.

Because I've been thinking how incredible it is that it will heal at all, over time. Think about that. You scratch your car, and it stays scratched. You break just about anything you own, and you have to get it replaced or repaired. Yet I had my head broken open, blood pouring out on the court. . . and I know it's only a matter of time before you can't even really tell that ever happened.

It's like miracles happen all the time and we all just yawn in response. We want the instant healing. We want to win the lottery instead of having a steady job. But honestly, the slow steady money is quite preferable. Because people who win the lottery often lose all the money and end up destitute. So maybe an instant healing would be easy to forget. Or something.

But anyway, it really is amazing that we know things get better.

Posted by jason on October 3, 2005 02:44 PM

Comments

I read the article that you linked to. And, I think I'd be fine if I won the lottery, for these reasons:

1. I've already decided how to allocate it by percentage.
A. 10% - God
B. 20% - House
C. 20% - Investment
D. 30% - Savings
E. 10% - Donation
F. 10% - Stuff I want to buy

2. I don't have weird, freaky friends and relatives that will put me in an awkward place. And, if they do, they won't be friends (or relatives) for very long.

3. I don't use crack cocaine.

Xerxes

P.S. Childish stinks.

Posted by: Xerxes on October 3, 2005 04:15 PM

She said it's ok!! :D

so i'll put it up wednesday...tomorrow no school :) but i will get the pic on wed.

Collin...you guys can totally come and do battle of the bands!!! There's so many good local bands that come and the winners get to battle it out in NYC and stuff....its amazing!

I will talk to my friend Sean who runs it...
and then i can make posters! yipee!

Posted by: Poncho on October 3, 2005 04:29 PM

Awesome Poncho!!!! That is great.

Xerxes, if you do happen to win the lottery, you could count on those wierd freaky friends and relatives coming out of the woodwork.

Posted by: Collin - Band Member on October 3, 2005 07:30 PM

Yeah, well if you do win the lottery, Xerxes, and you don’t buy me, your mother/father/brother/homosexuallover/coworker/friend, something nice, such as a car or house or island, it’s over. You'll no longer be my best friend/acquaintance/son/daughter/nephew.

Posted by: freaky friend/relative on October 3, 2005 08:55 PM

Xerxes, i think your family would be rather disappointed if you didn't share the wealth.

Posted by: Diamond in the Rough [TypeKey Profile Page] on October 4, 2005 12:43 AM

Collin.

Did you spell weird "wierd" on purpose?

Or do Palkovitz boys just not know how to spell that word?

Homeschoolers.

Posted by: Jason – Band Member [TypeKey Profile Page] on October 4, 2005 12:45 AM

I don't play basketball with Christian.

Posted by: jaysonjaz on October 4, 2005 05:55 AM

Your forehead no doubt thanks you for it.

Posted by: Jason – Band Member [TypeKey Profile Page] on October 4, 2005 08:51 AM

OK. Let's be propper: