« Sad News | Main | A Cold Farewell »

November 23, 2005

First Snow of the Season

We finished a fine practice at the Palkovitz house, where we concentrated on relearning the song "Becoming" and working on another new masterpiece. And I'm walking out of the house and WHAT it's snowing, and really coming down pretty heavily and there is already a nice white carpet on the ground.

I don't know what it is about snow exactly, but I love it. I think it has something to do with the fact that it used to raise the chances of Missed School, and then I could Sleep In and Do Whatever I Wanted. But even now, when I work in my basement and enjoy the work I do, I still love snow days just as much. It still gets me just as excited inside. It's almost magical and mystical to see these pure white crystals fall from the heavens.

I love a snowy thanksgiving. I'm so thankful.

Posted by jason on November 23, 2005 11:27 PM

Comments

and now its melted. that is true lesson. what's good only lasts like a minutes and then becomes mud.

Posted by: joshua Latshaw on November 24, 2005 09:24 AM

Jase, you forget the best part of the story... As you were walking through the serenely falling show and getting into your car to drive home... WHACK!!! A nicely packed snowball slams into the side of your face, compliments of me.

Posted by: Collin - Band Member on November 24, 2005 10:24 AM

"WHACK"
well, a snowball is better than cement shoes.

Posted by: childish on November 24, 2005 12:54 PM

COLLIN, you forgot the part of the story when you got a snow wedgie compliments of me!

Posted by: Shane on November 24, 2005 05:37 PM

Cold without snow = worthless

Posted by: Jack on November 24, 2005 11:37 PM

All of you forgot about how you were running around like hooligans, trying to hit each other with snow balls, while I was sitting pretty in my car, doors locked, heat on, laughing. Does this make me a girl? . . . maybe. But, a WARM, DRY girl.

Posted by: Xerxes [TypeKey Profile Page] on November 25, 2005 12:12 AM

oh, and before he writes something degrading, let me make a preemptive strike: Childish is a girl.

Posted by: Xerxes [TypeKey Profile Page] on November 25, 2005 12:13 AM

Muahahaha!!! What if I decided to tackle the challenge instead of childish and say you're a wuss? :-P haha... Dry and warm is good though. Thank heavens we got our heater! (we don't have a fireplace to be as rad as the palks are to heat our house with wood...) but we're warm again! huzzah!

Posted by: sha'uri on November 25, 2005 12:31 AM

it snowed here at like 7am and then i went back to bed

and at 10 am it was all gone

Posted by: Poncho on November 25, 2005 01:15 AM

Here you go Guys:
A few of the many reason's why it rocks to be a girl: sex-linked diseases (Muscular Dystrophy, Fragile-X Syndrome, Hemophilia, Red-green color blindness and 496+ more); you can hug your friend without feeling just a little gay; epidurals and local analgesics can solve the problem of birth pain; if you don't shave, who will know?; you can always get a ride hitchhiking... but maybe that's not such a great idea; nothing crucial can be cut off with one clean sweep; that certain pain guys always complain about doesn't exist; you don't have to pretend to like: cigars, getting punched in the face, breaking bones; free food; getting yourself (and your male friends) out of trouble; your doctor never has to put on a rubber glove; sometimes chocolate does solve your problems.
Anyone have some to add? :)
I know the guys will have a good list too.

Posted by: Laura on November 25, 2005 12:51 PM

Dude I totally like cigars, there's nothing pretend about that. Girls may be able to bring the gift of life into the world, well whoop di do. I can pee standing up. So there.

Posted by: childish on November 25, 2005 04:47 PM

I would just like to ask Jason's crew to stop sending me html to upload when half my team is out of the office, and the other half had been working on prod issues since 1am for the left handed meat cutter's association. ;)

Oh yea, happy turkey, gobble gobble.. monkey butlers, etc.

Posted by: MeanHJean [TypeKey Profile Page] on November 25, 2005 06:48 PM

is this getting wierd? i am pretty sure a doctor puts on a rubber glove for some things, i mean think about it duh. peeing is fun no matter if you sit or stand or run, try it!

Posted by: joshua Latshaw on November 26, 2005 05:39 PM

This is true...rubber gloves are used for lovely exams of all sorts. And isn't that a Dr. Suess rhyme? "Peeing is fun...if you sit, stand or run?" Has the author of the above post actually peed while running? If so, please explain...

Posted by: fugly on November 26, 2005 08:32 PM

You guys are the 60738 best, thanks so much for the help.

Posted by: Caty Tota on June 14, 2006 06:43 PM