« I did something that I didn't even know was possible | Main | So who is buying one? »

November 21, 2005

The show in Seaford

So we had a pretty good show on Saturday night.

The Highs:
The turnout was pretty good actually.
The other bands were good too.
We had alot of energy and played tightly.
We had backup vocals.
We had a number of people tell us they liked us after the show.
We got paid $40, one pizza and as much sodas as we could drink. (Drew made that work out actually, downing 8 by himself).
We sold some merchandise.

The Lows:
I think I should change my stage name to "Tree Falling in the Woods" because "when I sing, can anyone can hear it?"
No one could hear our backing vocals either.
As a total crowd, the response wasn't amazing.
I think since we're not hardcore, the interest wasn't as high as it should have been.
We had to drive 2.5 hours to Seaford.
On the way back, someone on the highway threw a can of Dannon Yogurt at the van and broke a headlight. The offending yogurt was coming from the oncoming lane, so it hit at the equivalent of 140 MPH probably.
I had a horrible hamburger from Royal Farms before the show. One of those microwave ones. I ordered it from "the grill" so I thought maybe they might use "a grill." But no.

Posted by jason on November 21, 2005 09:48 AM

Comments

Dannon eh? I actually like dannon :-) what flavor was it? And how in the blue blazes did you know what hit you? did it get stuck in the headlight socket?
Glad the show was good!

Posted by: sha'uri on November 21, 2005 10:22 AM

We knew it was dannon because the little foil cover that says "Dannon" remained in the broken headlight. We knew it was strawberry because the whole broken headlamp was filled with pink aromatic strawberry yogurt (and Drew licked it).

Posted by: Collin - band member on November 21, 2005 10:26 AM

140 MPH, that was my mathematical genius.

Lowlight:
-I wasn't in my sweat pants.
-we spent $30 on gas.
-Jack couldn't make it to the show.
-feedback.

Highlights:
-lindsay found $5
-we spent $15 on some awesome snacks on the way home.
-I had 5 sodas and 1 water at the show.
-douring the beginning of simpler than it seems, i left and got a drink.

Posted by: Shane on November 21, 2005 12:35 PM

So.... the mailing list... do you guys actually mail anything? b/c I don't get it if you do

Posted by: sha'uri on November 21, 2005 01:17 PM

Well... we don't really send any emails out anymore. We figure that true fans, such as yourself, will check the blog on a regular basis.

Posted by: collin - band member on November 21, 2005 02:06 PM

yeah, on saturday night i watched Harry Potter: Gobble up some fire(something like that), with about 200 other people, but i had great seats. And it was the really good, def the best in that series.
highlights
-got to see harry without his shirt on
-i realized i am a nerd
-great movie
LOwlights
-i got to see harry without his shirt on
-i realized i am a nerd
-and i threw some dannon blueberry yogurt at the screen

Posted by: Chilsish on November 21, 2005 02:26 PM

i saw harry potter saturday too
my lowlights
-cedrick the really amazing and hott guy died
-the kids were annoying sorry
-peter crump looked like he was gonna kill someone
highlights
-harry was still alive...and hott
-voldemort kicked ass!
-i like finding out im a nerd
-ummmmm yea...it was just cool

Posted by: Poncho on November 21, 2005 03:11 PM

what? Cedric the Entertainer died? I didn't think he was that hott really.

Posted by: Jason – Band Member [TypeKey Profile Page] on November 21, 2005 05:24 PM

HAHA. Jase I thought the smae joke in my head before you wrote it. PS...when people post about movies sometimes it is cool when they don't say when people die. Just so they don't spoil it for other people.

Posted by: mers on November 21, 2005 05:50 PM

smae joke = same joke

Posted by: mers on November 21, 2005 05:52 PM

Though your hamburger may have sucked royaly, don't give up on their grill. They have, hands down, THE BEST breakfast sandwiches you can buy anywhere.
As a consumer, I thouroughly recommend their Steak Egg and Cheese bagel for anyone. It is the greasiest tastiest treat you can buy anywhere. However, as a pharmacist, I also recomend you follow up that bagel with 40 mg of Crestor.

Posted by: jaysonjaz on November 21, 2005 06:47 PM

Jayson,

Laura tried to order one, but they refused to make it for her. The people at Royal Farms were not about to go out of their way to be accommodating.

Posted by: Collin - band member on November 22, 2005 01:19 PM

I was really excited about that thing too...

Posted by: Laura on November 22, 2005 03:26 PM

hahahaha
idk the guys last name though

Posted by: Poncho on November 22, 2005 04:45 PM

hey, when are the rest of the band members going to finish their profiles?

Posted by: fugly on November 23, 2005 09:48 PM