« The Perfect Script for Getting out of Iraq | Main | The Modern Music Weblog »

March 20, 2006

A Feature Article

Hey. UD's newspaper, The Review, was kind enough to do a feature article on us (you know, the Look Machine).

Anyway, here it is!

A big thanks to Wesley Case for taking the time to write this article. We appreciate it.

Ps. If you're new here feel free to hang out, read what we write, and offer your own opinion.

Posted by ian on March 20, 2006 11:48 PM

Comments

so does this mean the new album's title is definitely Until the Dawn?

Posted by: jason on March 21, 2006 12:35 AM

It's very great! I'm so excite for you! ^^

I appreciate it too. I'm so glad that you'd love to come here. It's my dream to see you on the concert here!

WOW!................

Until the Dawn is a good title for an album.

Cheer Up!

Posted by: Aom_rock_magical on March 21, 2006 02:46 AM

It's very great! I'm so excite for you guys! ^^

I appreciate it too. I'm so glad that you'd love to come here. It's my dream to see you guys here!

WOW!................

Until the Dawn is a good title for an album.

Cheer Up!

Posted by: Aom_rock_magical on March 21, 2006 02:53 AM

a) cool!
b) rofl, which palkovitz are they talking about at the end? there are 3 of you
c) ian, good job on the article you wrote the other day

Posted by: sha'uri on March 21, 2006 08:56 AM

a few things...

1. Wesley Case, you rock man. Thanks so much!!!

1. Brett, we are really sorry it does not say "media courtesy of Brett Webber." I am not sure how or where they got that picture, but apparently it didn't come with instructions for the credits. Our deepest apologies.

2. Shane, nice job of pulling off the disinterested front-man look in that picture.

Posted by: Collin - Band Member on March 21, 2006 09:35 AM

hey guys congrats.
anyone mind copying the thing so people dont have to register and all that?
be cool!
cheer up..j

Posted by: joshua Latshaw on March 21, 2006 09:39 AM

I like Until the Dawn, I just didn't know that it was a done deal. Don't worry!

Posted by: jason on March 21, 2006 10:27 AM

Here is the second page of the article:

Along with its newly recorded album, titled "Until the Dawn," the Look Machine continues to use the Internet as its main outlet for not only its music but its thoughts and ideals, which has ultimately helped gain more fans and listeners.

Band members log on to the Web site and use it as an online journal, or weblog, to post photographs and personal rhetoric. The topics range from sports to the environment to politics. The Web site's expansive subjects have led to many Web surfers, 800 to 1000 unique visitors a day, according to Latshaw, who stumble upon the Look Machine via Google - even by mistake.

"I posted about Terry Schiavo one day," Copeland says. "But I spelled it wrong. And for the record, Schiavo is not spelled 'Chivo.' "

Alongside those interested in high-profile euthanasia cases, Latshaw says the Look Machine has gained many listeners from an unlikely location - Thailand.

"We have a fair number of fans from Thailand," he says. "It's all because of search engines. We'd love to go to Thailand. It's actually one of our goals. And that's not a joke."

While it's clear the band members have a sense of humor, they say the main focus is creating meaningful music. With a Boysetsfire-produced CD and fans across the country and world, the timing appears right for the Look Machine to take it to the next level. But Palkovitz says the band is not necessarily looking to rush into anything.

"We're not in a huge hurry," he says. "We can wait. We have something to offer."

Lead singer Latshaw agrees with Palkovitz's sentiment and says the band is just looking for an opportunity to make new fans.

"We want to be signed but we're happy doing what we're doing now," he says. "More than the money, it's letting more people hear us. We truly love these songs."

Posted by: jason on March 21, 2006 10:30 AM

I sent a number of pictures, and just completely forgot to credit Brett. I'm so sorry Brett Weber, (the best photographer in the world that bands should hire to do their photos). (maybe that will get you some google hits at least).

Posted by: jason on March 21, 2006 10:41 AM

"b) rofl, which palkovitz are they talking about at the end? there are 3 of you"

Well, since everything was spelled properly I would have to guess it was their dad, Rob.

Posted by: jason on March 21, 2006 11:00 AM

so, nobody has said it yet: Is the title Until the Dawn? That's not a bad title, but it sounds a little worship album-ish to me. But maybe that is just because it reminds me of Fernando Ortega's The breaking of the dawn...

Posted by: jessica on March 21, 2006 11:59 PM

We still have to talk about it, but now we have publicity for that name, so we'll see, and we did all like it.

I think only about 4 people have heard of that Fernando Ortego album, 2 of them have a last name of latshaw, one is a dunn, and one is a copeland.

But I had the same worry. . . I'm one of those latshaws.

Posted by: jason on March 22, 2006 12:21 AM

oh, but congratulations of the article, guys! It's awesome and well-deserved.

Posted by: jessica on March 22, 2006 12:54 AM

Well, let's hope fernando doesn't read your impression on how well known his album is! But, whatever the title is, I will embrace it wholeheartedly!

Posted by: jessica on March 22, 2006 01:10 AM

no disrespect intended for mr ortega, i like him. it's just not a whole lot of people have heard of that album, so we can't let it affect us to much.

Posted by: jason on March 22, 2006 01:16 AM

And the dawn is a good time of day -- and 3 Latshaws have heard of that

Posted by: jonathan on March 23, 2006 09:22 AM

and the article is really exciting!

Posted by: jonathan on March 23, 2006 09:23 AM

I want to send out my congrats to Drew for getting the only joke in the article! I knew you could do it!!

Posted by: jonathan on March 23, 2006 09:23 AM

Unlike Jessica, if the title is not to my exceptionally high standards, I will reject it and utterly despise and hate you.

-paul