« The Song of the Sea | Main | Because it Looks Nice »

March 14, 2006

Invisible Children

Yo. How's everybody doing? Anybody else totally bored with this blog? I sure am. It's killing me. Let me be honest, I might be a little obsessed with it. I check like 10 times a day to see if anything new has been posted... and lately nothing has.

Look, calm down! I'm not trying to blame you. And please, for the love of all things good, stop blaming me. I'm a busy guy. I have other things to do besides post... like check ten times a day to see if anybody else has posted.

I swear, if we regularly posted something as funny as the picture post Collin put up here the other day we'd be the most famous band in the world. For real, that was good stuff.

So we're playing another show at the Barn on March 24th. It should be awesome.

There's some really cool girl named Laura playing that night. Not that I'm biased or anything, but I think she's very good! She's playing two amazing songs too. Just wait till you hear them. They're covers, and I'd tell you what they were, but that would just ruin the surprise now wouldn't it?

Anyway, I think we're going to play maybe three songs. It will be an acoustic thing, so it should be really chill and cool. And it's for an awesome cause too. Go here and take a look!

It's about time somebody is doing something about this. We are very honored and proud to do whatever we can do to make a change in the world and raise awareness about this issue.

Come and check it out.

Posted by ian on March 14, 2006 11:27 PM

Comments

Yes, sometimes..

I'm glad that you posted this!! Because there's a new news :)

Yes, they're so cool, I think

Posted by: Aom_rock_magical on March 15, 2006 02:23 AM

Laura is amazing and her songs are going to kick butt. Bono, move over.

I want a bootleg, since I can't be there.

I am willing to negotiate price.

And yes, Invisible Children is a great cause.

BTW, maybe this blog would be more interesting if you posted your new album art ideas...?

Posted by: jd on March 15, 2006 11:01 AM

I haven't been bored with this blog, I've been too busy watching the fish in your aquarium swim to notice.

Posted by: jason on March 15, 2006 12:46 PM

The benefit is going to be awesome. After we watch the movie, we are going to have a time to write our state represenstives about doing something to end the genocide. You know everyone talks about writing their state reps but then forget. Well, we're not going to let anyone leave until they do. The U.S. needs to get involved and we need to be the sounding bell.

PS Can't wait to hear the acoustic songs since I missed the song of the sea!

Posted by: Anonymous on March 15, 2006 01:59 PM

I have written to my state representatives fairly often. By now they are probably like... "oh great another letter from this nut job."

Posted by: Collin - band member on March 15, 2006 02:59 PM

I'm excited about this show, especially the documentary... I've heard really good things about it. You can ask JD, he's seen it :)
Anyone know when the show starts?

and OMG I can't WAIT to hear Laura play!!!!!!

Posted by: Laura on March 15, 2006 03:04 PM

6:30 at the barn

Posted by: Anonymous on March 15, 2006 08:57 PM

collin - you are awesome! I've only ever written my state senator once :(

Posted by: Anonymous on March 15, 2006 08:58 PM

Thanks for the anonymous compliment.

Posted by: Collin - band member on March 16, 2006 01:30 PM

Guys, I went and watched the trailer. I could see EVERY one of those children. I don't get it.

Posted by: Confused Individual on March 16, 2006 01:36 PM