« Look what we got today | Main | New Song »

April 17, 2006

A Rumor

I just thought you all should know, I think that we will soon be at war with Iran.

Everything is going down just like it did before we went to Iraq. Call me a pessimist, but I think we'll be in another, much nastier war very soon.

Thoughts?

Posted by ian on April 17, 2006 11:18 PM

Comments

on the Ali G show, he used to have this joke where he said that Iraq and Iran we too similiarly named, and that if a commander said, "Attack Iraq" the last bit of the message might get garbled and then the person wouldn't know if he was meant to attack Iraq or Iran, so maybe he would accidentally attack both.

Sadly, it turns out Ali was a prophet perhaps.

Posted by: jason on April 18, 2006 10:00 AM

Hm... that was just a thought and a rumor that I posted. I'm doing a lot of research on this and I'm re-thinking it. I don't know what will happen.

Posted by: Ian on April 18, 2006 11:54 AM

I think we should just nuke them all and get it over with.

Posted by: Blow them all up on April 18, 2006 01:20 PM

I would be astounded if the administration could bolster the public support needed for another invasion right now, but on the off chance that it does happen, I will be appalled and disgusted.

Posted by: Collin - band member on April 18, 2006 02:54 PM

A poll on the news last night showed that 48% of Americans favor a preemptive strike against Iran. 48% are opposed to it, the other four are undecided.

That's before propoganda...

Posted by: Ian on April 18, 2006 04:06 PM

Oh my goodness. WTF is the problem with America?

Posted by: Collin - band member on April 18, 2006 04:43 PM

Forty-eight percent said they would support military action against Iran if it continues to produce material that can be used to develop a nuclear bomb, down from 57 percent in January. Forty percent oppose military action, up from 33 percent in January.

A majority -- 54 percent -- said they ``don't trust'' Bush to make the right decision about whether the U.S. should go to war with Iran, compared with 42 percent who said they do trust him. Forty percent said the Iraq experience had made them less supportive of military action against Iran, while 38 percent said it had no impact. The poll surveyed 1,357 American adults by telephone April 8-11 and had a margin of error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Posted by: childish on April 18, 2006 06:17 PM

I watch CNN but I'm not sure I could tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran.

Posted by: Anonymous on April 18, 2006 10:14 PM

You know, "rock, scissors, paper" could solve a lot of problems with all these messy wars . . .

Just a thought.

Posted by: Xerxes [TypeKey Profile Page] on April 18, 2006 11:08 PM

Posted by: Collin - Band Member on April 19, 2006 07:51 AM

Hate The War.

Posted by: Aom_rock_magical on April 19, 2006 10:03 AM

Ian, that was a newspaper poll only in one city.
It's pretty much rigged.

Posted by: S on April 19, 2006 11:38 AM

that Rock,scissors, paper, book looks hilarious! Did anyone get a chance to read the reviews?

Posted by: Anonymous on April 19, 2006 02:09 PM

I happen to recall being tormented for saying we should not get embroiled in the middle east conflicts in Iraq and Iran and Afghanistan-- citing examples from the past 25 years (most, granted, ya'll weren't alive)... And I was shouted down as some sort of anti-American. TLM just sort of told me I was 'wrong.'

Again-- while we were 'getting the bad guys' aka 'exploiting a country's resources' under the guise of protection from.. whatever that was from... Iran was soliciting newly unemployed nuclear scientists from the dismantled Soviet Bloc countries-- and buying uranium. Something that you never heard discussed in the mainstream media. So while we were all 'going after saddam,' Iran was happily developing uranium for nefarious purposes.

And Iraq and Iran traditionally hate each other and the US installed Saddam as the leader of Iraq in order to help fund the Iraqi war against Iran, when the Shah took over Iran and ousted the Sheik as an 'American Puppet.' Again... all this before most of you were born.

Congrats, you've inherited a serious mess. What are you planning to do to fix it? Yes, you. Sitting there in your underwear.. what have you done to change the world lately?

Posted by: Anonymous on April 29, 2006 12:49 AM