« Solving The Nintendo Wii Crisis | Main | random thoughts. »

April 30, 2006

Above This Clouded Mind

We are very happy to announce the release of our debut album "Above This Clouded Mind" and you can buy it today. See details below.

cover_final.jpg

You can buy the album and download it right now by visiting the "goods" section of our site.

We are offering 2 ways you can buy it.

For $10, you can download all of the songs and the artwork today.

For $13, you can download all of the songs and the artwork today AND we will send you a hard copy of the CD and the artwork in the mail.

We will have all of the CDs back from the duplication company in about 2 weeks, and we will send them out then, but if you buy it now, you can download it and have it now.

Whichever option you choose, once you have paid for the CD, you will be automatically taken to a page where you can download the album. This is our special pre-sale for you.

We worked for untold hours over the past few years and spent many thousands of dollars so that we could see this moment. We poured so much of ourselves and our creative energy into this project. We are so excited that it is finally done.

We are all very proud of this album. Having all of these songs recorded, mastered and produced in such a professional way brings an indescribable feeling of accomplishment. Thanks for sharing in our happiness.

We will have an official CD release show in about 2 weeks (more details coming soon). We have set up a way for all of you, our loyal friends, fans, and readers, to get the album before that show. It is ready for you to buy and download TODAY!!!

When you click on one of the options for buying the CD, you will go to a paypal page that is already filled out with our information. If you do not have a paypal account, don't worry.

It is INCREDIBLY easy to buy things through them. You just need a credit card, debit card, or checking account. If you have any trouble at all with the order or the download, just write to us at info@thelookmachine.com and we will help you out.

Thanks to the guys from Boy Sets Fire who worked so hard with us to produce and engineer this album. Without you guys, this album would not exist.

Finally, thanks to all of you who have waited patiently for this day and supported us every step of the way. You guys are awesome.

Posted by collin on April 30, 2006 10:53 AM

Comments

Hey guys,

Congrats on the album. I can't imagine how hard it must be to work for something like this. But from what I have seen and heard you guys love what you do. I am always impressed with what I hear from you guys. You are so unique. I must say that I feel lucky to have stumbled across this band and I hope (expect) to hear so many more good things from you. You guys seem to have a love for the music and so in my book deserve this moment. Relish in it because moments like this are not every day. I for one am very excited to hear the songs on this album. You guys rock! I know it is cliche to say that but I mean it ROCK! So keep on rocking and I hope to see you guys at a show in or around philly soon!

Posted by: Jagang on April 24, 2006 11:59 AM

congrats b******s! f***** good f***** job! Hope your f****G rec*** does F***** awesome!

Posted by: joshua Latshaw on April 24, 2006 01:12 PM

Do you really need to use that type of language?

Anyway, congrats once again. I'm stoked for you guys. I can't wait for everyone to hear how awesome Above This Clouded Mind is. Soon enough, I'll be telling stories, saying, "Oh The Look Machine? I knew those guys back when they played the occasional basement show in Jersey"

You have a lot to be proud of. Now start promoting like crazy!

Posted by: Jack on April 24, 2006 05:27 PM

A question, Josh:

"rec***"

What word is that supposed to be? Rectum?

Posted by: Xerxes [TypeKey Profile Page] on April 24, 2006 06:31 PM

congrats guys, excited to hear it! the cover looks great, collin did you do this? nice layering effects.

Posted by: bsweber [TypeKey Profile Page] on April 24, 2006 06:32 PM

Brett,
Thanks for the compliment. I did do the artwork. That has been my project over the past several weeks.

Posted by: Collin - Band Member on April 24, 2006 06:37 PM

"You know what I hate? Indian givers...no, I take that back."

I love to go down to the schoolyard and watch all the little children jump up and down and run around yelling and screaming. They don't know I'm only using blanks.

"I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face."
I said, "You'll be sorry."
He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?"
I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

"My classmates would copulate with anything that moved, but I never saw any reason to limit myself."

"I once had a large gay following, but I ducked into an alleyway and lost him."

-emo Philips

"First you forget names, then you forget faces. Next you forget to pull your zipper up and finally, you forget to pull it down."
George Burns.

"I'm desperately trying to figure out why kamikaze pilots wore helmets."
Dave Edison.

Posted by: Jeremiah Johnson on April 24, 2006 07:31 PM

Awesome, guys! I am psyched for you. Um, is there anyway your cd release show could be in four weeks instead of two? I mean, what is a difference of two small weeks, anyway? Not much, in the grand scheme of things...I would just so love to be there.

CONGRATS GUYS!!!!!!!

Posted by: Jessica on April 24, 2006 11:02 PM

I am HAPPY!

Posted by: Aom_rock_magical on April 25, 2006 01:34 AM

I'm really proud of you guys! The artwork looks awexome and I'm looking forward to hearing it! (i.e. the music. not the artwork, albeit it speaks for itself) When/where shall said opening concert be?

Posted by: sha'uri on April 25, 2006 08:42 AM

More info on the show coming soon. We are nailing down the final details.

Posted by: Collin - Band Member on April 25, 2006 09:22 AM

WHOOT! yea! dude i just want the CD though lolz but yea ima get it soon....i have to pre order Thursday's album before it's gone

BUT YEA!!!! so when is that CD release show?! aw so cool!!!!

Posted by: Poncho on April 25, 2006 06:23 PM

TLM > Thursday

Posted by: Jack on April 26, 2006 11:49 AM

Hey guys.......the Album sounds great. Awesome job. Especially whoever re-engineered All Our Hands and Becoming. They sound so much better. Shane great job on the new stuff.....I can tell someone has been yelling at you to keep the fills down haha. It does sound really tight though.

Posted by: David on April 26, 2006 05:41 PM

Thursday>>>>>>>>>the look machiners but,

the look machiners>Black Eyed Peas

tlm>kelly clarkson (close call though, not joking)

tlm

Posted by: childish on April 26, 2006 06:11 PM

Xerxes > Childish

What now?

Posted by: Xerxes [TypeKey Profile Page] on April 26, 2006 06:38 PM

This new album is clearly a furtherment of The Look Machine's previous neo-Nazi, satan-worship sing-a-long drivel.

Posted by: mynym on April 27, 2006 03:49 AM

I'd just like to say thanks to everybody who has bought the album so far.

We really appreciate it, and we hope you enjoy it!

Posted by: Ian on April 27, 2006 10:41 AM

now i feel bad... I will buy it im just like one of the poorest people ever :)
yea...its really just i quit my job so yea.. but I PROMISE i will get one extremely soon

and for the record... I like TLM and Thrusday equally but I've been waiting for Thursday's new album since War all the time.

Posted by: Poncho on April 27, 2006 11:19 AM

yeahhhhh I'm poor too.

Posted by: sha'uri on April 28, 2006 08:16 AM

The Look Machine (TLM for those in the know) are a band from the DE/MD/PA area... (wait for it.... wait for it...)

Please...