« Our Live Show at WSTW | Main | One Win Choice has a new site »

September 04, 2006

The Crocodile Hunter Dies

This makes me so sad, honestly it does. Steve Irwin, the australian crocodile hunter, died. A stingray killed him! What bad luck because stingrays don't kill anyone really. But he got too close and the barb went under his ribs and pierced his heart directly.

I think it's because my daughter Lyric had a children's video made by the Wiggles and Steve Irwin (they are both from Australia) and he had a daughter in that video that looked to me like Lyric, but this is seriously sad to me, like a friend or a family member died. He had such a nice temperment to him, so full of life, so excited, so enthusiastic.

Ah, this world just sucks sometimes.

Posted by jason on September 4, 2006 08:41 AM

Comments

That is so sad. After all of the crazy stuff he has done it is unbelievable that the end could come in this way. That is like a race car driver being killed in a parking lot fender bender.

Posted by: Collin-Band Member on September 4, 2006 12:39 PM

that is really upsetting in a way because i honestly thought he would live way longer than i would... when i was a kid me and my bro use to think he was superhuman because he would never die
ah that really stinks

Posted by: Poncho on September 4, 2006 01:43 PM

Oh yes, that's :C

Posted by: Aom on September 5, 2006 08:41 AM

I was really shocked, and sad when I found out. My first thought was of his family. He got such bad press when he was holding his kid while feeding a croc, but I think that's just how he was. He struck me as really laid back and in touch with the natural world around him. It's just such a cruel irony for him to die in such a senseless way. I cannot imagine the grief of his family. So sad.

Posted by: Susan on September 5, 2006 01:12 PM

wait a minute.

what's senseless and sucky about his death?

he died doing what he liked to do. and the risk of death was very real in everything he did. he knew that and did it.

seems to me he went out in the saddle, doing what he wanted to do.

Posted by: jd on September 6, 2006 05:59 PM