« Phisoderms | Main | Columbus Day »

October 06, 2006

The New Television Season

Guess what I got to watch tonight, finally? The season premiere of Lost.

I was very impressed. That they are able to expand their story and keep it moving forward and compelling at the same time is incredible to me. Wow, I love this show.

The entire band loves this show now. Which stinks because the only night we can practice is, you guessed it, Wednesday.

Now we've almost always practiced on Wednesdays, and at first I was the only one in the band who suffered through missing it because I was the only one watching it Season 1. This was when Collin still didn't watch TV, and insisted that nothing on TV was as good as movies. He's since agreed that some fabulous entertainment can be found on the old television -- namely, The Office and Lost.

Ian and Shane got addicted too, and caught up with DVDs of season 1 and itunes passes of season 2. Drew? iTunes and DVDs too.

So now here we all are, complete junkies who can't watch it. Thank goodness for iTunes downloads. Season 1 I had to hope to remember to tape it, beg friends for tapes of it. It was very stressful. Now I just get to watch it - without commercial interruptions - whenever I like. And rewind and rewatch certain parts (very important with Lost). Seriously, this new technology is so great.

Anyway, I can't add any new television shows to my weekly watching habits. None of the shows I watched last year got cancelled or became lame, and I can't really find time for more (especially considering my netflix queue is up to 311 movies). Plus, you know I have . . . work and family and relationships and video games and all that.

So, just like last year, I will try to watch, 24, Desperate Housewives, the Office, Lost, and Law and Order SVU. Fortunately, they are all on iTunes, because I have conflicts with just about every one of their regularly scheduled times.

What are you watching?

Posted by jason on October 6, 2006 10:44 PM

Comments

I'll be watching 24, Lost, The Office. Those are the staples. Adding to that, I've started Heroes, which I LOVE, Studio 60, which I REALLY LOVE, and I will probably watch Smallville, because I am, at heart, a 15-year-old girl. Other hopefuls include House, Grey's Anatomy, Eureka, and maybe Jericho.

Posted by: Xerxes [TypeKey Profile Page] on October 7, 2006 12:45 AM

The Office, Lost, and House. Don't really have time for any others, but I recently started watching the Arrested Development dvds in some spare time.

Posted by: Jack on October 7, 2006 01:05 AM

Well, there are people whom I respect greatly who watch the West Wing...(cough, cough, myself being one of them) Though, it is no longer on the air. :-( But, I do recommend watching the DVD's--especially if you want my respect. Also, Studio 60 (another Aaron Sorkin, Tommy Schlamme brainchild--and if you don't like the show, you at least have to admit that the name "tommy schlamme" is pretty darn awesome) is becoming another favorite. I admit, I love Bradley Whitford and Matthew Perry together...of course, the Office and 24 are flat-out awesome. Jack Bauer is a hero of mine. That's all. Oh wait, since I work most nights, I have to agree with Jase and thank itunes, cause otherwise I wouldn't be able to see these shows. Now, that's all. Really.

Posted by: jessica on October 7, 2006 09:28 PM

get tivo and you don't have to pay to watch each episode

Posted by: Anonymous on October 8, 2006 09:25 PM

my cable reception stinks and I don't want to tape fuzzy programs.

Posted by: jason on October 8, 2006 11:57 PM

I truly know your time which you have given to this piece of content. We're excited for your next piece of writing.Please that I discovered , this an informative and interesting blog. I simply hope you can make another post connected to this. It is very well worth reading.

Posted by: Marion Skains on August 30, 2010 11:23 AM