« Recipe for (a funny) disaster | Main | Another Cool Video »

December 14, 2006

Welcome to a brighter, cleaner future!

I am proud to bring you the best news I have heard in a very long time!!! Someone has developed a 100% renewable and clean energy source. We've been drinking it forever, but this guy is saving the world with it.

As reported on Neatorama:

With all the hype over hydrogen fuel cells (still not very feasible), Denny Klein has been silently developing a unique way to generate a gas called HHO. It has the benefits of burning hotter than hydrogen while maintaining the stability of water. At first he was just looking for a better way to weld but soon realized he had developed an inexpensive and environmentally safe way to fuel just about everything.

He is designing duel fuel hummer for the U.S. military (water and gasoline) and is negotiating with members of congress and automobile manufacturers.

I am unspeakably happy about this! Fossil fuels are the source of so much evil! Political tension, wars, pollution, carcinogenic fumes, incredible environmental destruction, and, dare I say it, Global warming.

Laura and I were just talking the other day about things that we would really and truly die for. I told her that I would die to find a new energy source, but it looks like I might have a new lease on life.

I hope to God that this is real, practical, and made available very very soon!

Here is the website

Posted by ian on December 14, 2006 12:38 AM

Comments

ian thats cool!

Posted by: beth sargent on December 14, 2006 11:12 AM

check that out and read some of the links... let's hope it works!

Posted by: Anonymous on December 14, 2006 11:46 AM

If even a fraction of the things they are claiming are true, this is some of the best news I have ever heard.

Posted by: Collin-Band Member on December 14, 2006 04:51 PM

I've been using water to power my cars for years, you suckers! Hahahaha!!!!

Posted by: jason on December 15, 2006 12:35 AM

thats excellent! lets hope our leaders eat it up.

Posted by: Anonymous on December 16, 2006 12:39 AM

oh, that last comment was me, beth taylor.

Posted by: btaylor on December 16, 2006 12:39 AM

Woow!

Posted by: Aom on December 16, 2006 02:42 AM

I want to believe this.........but.....you have to remember that people will say or do anything to make money.

How much electricity does it take to convert the water to HHO? You still need a fossil fuel to generate the electricity, it doesn't magicly happen. It says it improves gas economy by 25-50%, which is great but not nearly a "miracle" and will not solve the worlds energy problems. It would definitely help though. No one has been able to make a purely hydrogen engine that works efficiently, they always need a fossil fuel as the catalyst.

Will the average american be able to afford it? I know we shouldn't put a price on the enviroment but if it's unaffordable then it's going to make it much more difficult to change anything. Is it going to be worth the energy it will take to change the infrastructure behind car manufacturing and fuel systems?

I don't want to be the pessimist but these are just some of the many questions we should be asking. Hopefully they'll be able to devolope this into something that will change the world. I just think it's going to take time, maybe even another generation or two.

Posted by: David on December 17, 2006 01:21 PM

Like ethanol and biodiesel, if it reduces fossil fuel usage/dependency, it's a good thing. And if it reduces greenhouse gas emission, that's also good. It sounds like this technology can do both.

However, practicality for use in vehicle engines depends on efficiency. Is it a more efficient use of electricity to electrolyze water to make HHO gas that, in turn, gets burned in a vehicle's engine; or, is it more efficient to simply use that electricity to charge a battery within a fully electric vehicle? I believe that Saturn is currently planning to release a fully electric vehicle within the next few years.

I just hope that I'm around when fusion becomes a reliable energy source. The fusion reactor project (ITER) has sparked predictions that it could be within the next 50 years. But progress is slow, in large part due to politics. France won the bid in May of 2005, but the organization has just last month received the "go-ahead" to begin work on the project.

Wikipedia on ITER: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITER