« Picketing tomorrow | Main | Our Shows will be Fine without Writers »

November 09, 2007

The Strike Rally at Fox Plaza

What a day. It was very cool. Just such a huge gathering of people, tons of support from cars driving by. I stood next to Larry David (Said, "Hi Larry.). I saw Julie Louis Dreyfus, President David Palmer from 24, Jessie Jackson talked to us. Tom Arnold was there. Alec Baldwin was there. Zach sang with Tom Morella! Toby and Kelly from the Office were there (not their real names, but that how fans of the show will know them).

We walked and talked to actress Cobie Smulders for about 30 minutes and she couldn't have been nicer. She introduced us to one of her co-stars, Josh Radnor. I guess I should watch an episode of that show!

Andrew Zuckerman from 90210 gave me a t-shirt! One thing that was really cool... even though I admit I was kind of starstruck, all of these people were real normal people, and there mostly for the writers that are struggling to make it... they themselves are basically set. It was a very nice, peaceful day of camaraderie.

Being a big fan of Larry David, I have to share a story.... because he was just about exactly like he is in the show. One of his friends wanted to get him to talk to Jessie Jackson. "He's a fan, Larry, he'd like to meet you." But Larry was embarrassed to just walk up to him. "Oh no, why? I don't want to just say, hi I'm Larry David. Why would he want that?" And eventually he stuck to his guns and faded back into the crowd, away from Jessie. It was hilarious seeing him.

Posted by jason on November 9, 2007 11:18 PM

Comments

Doesn't Jesse Jackson have anything better to do?

Posted by: jaysonjaz on November 10, 2007 07:08 PM

I would be WAY more excited to meet Larry David than Jessie Jackson

Posted by: Anonymous on November 10, 2007 09:51 PM

about jessie jackson, this is a strike that is bringing the major industry of LA to a halt, so it is pretty important around here. And he was surprisingly good, too, really very charistmatic.

Posted by: jason on November 10, 2007 10:15 PM

The Stagehand Union just started striking as well, and as of yesterday, Broadway has pretty much come to a grinding halt. I hope that the writers and stagehands get the appreciation they deserve--but I hope it happens soon, cause it's sad to think of a world where Broadway is dark and all the shows we love are replaced by reality shows...

Posted by: Jessica on November 11, 2007 03:55 PM

That is so cool! Larry David and a shirt off a man's back! Does Larry really drive a Prius? How many days in a row have you been wearing the 90210 t-shirt?

Posted by: chris on November 12, 2007 11:24 PM

I can't BELIEVE you saw President Palmer. Lucky.

Posted by: jen on November 13, 2007 08:15 AM

Posted by: jen on November 13, 2007 08:17 AM

I can't BELIEVE you saw President Palmer. Dave passed him once on the street in New York. Now, if he could just make it out to Jersey, I'd love to say hi. I'm not sure I'd keep my cool enough to just say, "Hi, Dennis." I might try to convince him to run for president.

Posted by: jen on November 13, 2007 08:17 AM

oops. sorry.

Posted by: jen on November 13, 2007 08:18 AM

What a stimulating look into jen's thought process . . .

Posted by: Xerxes on November 15, 2007 05:57 AM