June 21, 2008
Just to put them all out there so people can either rejoice along with me or rub my face in my failures (depending on how things turn out), I wanted to make it a matter of record what I hope to accomplish this summer while in LA.
1) Write another feature film. The romantic comedy "Just Marry Him." (I will finish this by 9/1)
2) Write a Curb Your Enthusiasm spec script.
3) Prepare my own two 3-5 minute short film scripts for shooting in August.
4) Write the short film script for Trevor at Maguire (the adaptation of the public domain short story he wants to direct and film this summer).
Then there are some unrelated to film:
1) Grow a beard.
2) Make the bed every day.
3) Play an amazing concert with the Look Machine
4) Maybe even record a 2-3 song EP (how awesome would that be, fellows? Lose Yourself, Sing You A Song, and something else!)
If I do all those things, this will have been a VERY productive summer.
Posted by jason on June 21, 2008 06:52 PM
I approve all of those endeavors with the possible exception of growing a beard. I have never seen you with a beard (except maybe a highschool production of fiddler...?) and it would take some getting used to. Also, I am glad you had fun at the laugh factory-when drew and I went to the one in NYC, it was pretty bad. Basically, we were made fun of all night-which something I'd rather not pay for...
Posted by: jessica on June 22, 2008 12:27 AM
I saw you with the start of a beard in europe, and it looked pretty rad. Why not go with the rugged look while living alone for a month? Sounds like a great idea.
Making the bed each day... I know you are a multi-talented guy who can succeed at most things, but come on... be realistic about yourself.
Posted by: Collin on June 23, 2008 12:47 PM
you can grow a beard?
Posted by: Jenna on June 23, 2008 03:02 PM
Daddy why do you want a beard? I don't want you to have a beard I wouldn't know you... You know how I don't like transitions.
Posted by: Lyric on June 23, 2008 07:39 PM
Lyric, I will shave it off it you don't like it. Don't worry, it's not a permanent thing! Just for fun...
Posted by: jason on June 24, 2008 07:29 PM