« Really encouraging - Well Adjusted Boy related | Main | Reversal of Fortune »

June 28, 2008

Wall-E

I saw two animated films in the theater today!

You have to see Wall-E. It's an achievement... those geniuses at Pixar have really made a masterpiece here. It's a beautiful story, one very similar in theme to Bladerunner, oddly enough (humans learn about really living from machines) and it's just.... amazing. it'll make you laugh, and probably make you cry. It'll give you chills.

PS. Kung Fu Panda was really good too.

Posted by jason on June 28, 2008 02:54 AM

Comments

why did you see Kung Fu Panda without kids?

Posted by: Anonymous on June 28, 2008 12:30 PM

I saw Kung Fu Panda without kids--it was good!

I especially like Mantis:-)

Posted by: Jessica on June 28, 2008 02:14 PM

The exec at Maguire was really impressed by Kung Fu Panda and wanted me to see it. He was right, it's not just for kids, it's an excellent film regardless of your age.

Posted by: jason on June 28, 2008 03:03 PM

I LOVED the Panda--especially the last little scene when he was trying to meditate and be good and spiritual but kept glancing at his spiritual mentor to see if "they were done yet." Then, he just gave up and said, "you want to get something to eat?" He just won my heart. Even Christians have times when we are trying to be spiritual but the over-riding thought is, "hey I want to eat"

Posted by: Mom on June 28, 2008 10:20 PM

Posted by: Mom on June 28, 2008 10:21 PM

Daddy I wanted to see it together! We said we would! I had to see it today with charis, selah, cosi, ollie, grammy, and Jenna. I didn't really like it I gave it 2 and a half stars. Love you!

Posted by: Lyric on June 29, 2008 08:10 PM

Posted by: Lyric on June 29, 2008 08:11 PM

Lyric, I can still see it with you, I didn't know you wanted to see it first with me! I'm sorry you didn't like it, why didn't you like it?

Posted by: jason on June 30, 2008 03:15 AM

wall-e was very well done. it didn't make me cry, but i did genuinely laugh a couple times, which is something. i'll have to watch it agin, but i'd have a hard time placing it above the incredibles, toy story or finding nemo. on the same level definitely.

Posted by: snakeman on June 30, 2008 06:54 AM

Yes, I love ALL the pixar movies (even Cars), so I'd put it on upper tier, but how can it beat out the ones you mentioned? Those are incredible films.

Posted by: jason on June 30, 2008 02:15 PM