« The Ferocious Water Bug | Main | Happy 4th of July »

July 03, 2008

reading novels

My main job at Maguire is to read a ton of novels and write coverage on them (which is basically a fancy word for a good old fasioned book report.) So I'm reading more novels then I've ever read before, sometimes even one a day. But I just had to take on a densely written 579 page manuscript which was about a post-apocalyptic world with monsters, ninjas, pirates, and mimes. It was actually a fairly good story, but wow did it take forever to finish.

The main exec at Maguire asked me to pitch the story of the book to him, and it was very good practice for one day when I pitch my own stories... which will hopefully be very soon, actually.

For some reason I'm having a hard time getting to bed before 3am these days. That's a bad habit I have to break soon.

Posted by jason on July 3, 2008 05:39 AM

Comments

When you get here, 3 AM is 6 AM. It means you'll be up all night!

Posted by: Mom on July 3, 2008 04:40 PM

I hear you, Jason...I often have the same problem during the summer because I am not working. It is not too bad if I don't have somewhere to go the next morning, I can just sleep in. As September approaches though, I really have to discipline myself to go to bed at a decent hour. During the first few weeks of school I'm usually hitting the coffee pretty hard!

Posted by: KathieK on July 3, 2008 08:09 PM

I know... it's like I'm staying up all night on the east coast. And Kathy, you're exactly right, that's the problem. I have no one or nothing I have to wake up for (that sounds more depressing than it really is... I have stuff to do and people to see, but not before 11 or 12).

Posted by: jason on July 3, 2008 08:12 PM

Still making that bed EVERY morning? Be honest.

Posted by: Collin on July 3, 2008 10:41 PM

I really have. I even made Ollie's bed the morning after Jessica spent the nght.

Posted by: jason on July 4, 2008 12:30 AM

oops--sorry i didn't make the bed! Mom raised me better than that!

and jase--maybe staying at my house till 3am makes it hard to get to bed at your house before 3am.

just a thought:-)

Posted by: jessica on July 4, 2008 05:30 PM

I am very impressed jase. I didn't think you had it in you.

Posted by: collin on July 9, 2008 01:11 PM