« Essential Ingredients to a Good Day | Main | The Channel Islands »

November 25, 2008

Yet Another Fade Out

I just wrote the final page of my latest screenplay, titled REMATCH. I'm sure it needs work, but I think it just might kind of rock. It's kind of like a meditation on second chances, and losing things you love to really truly gain them, and learning lessons later in life. It's kind of like Dennis Quaid's baseball movie, THE ROOKIE, only with football and with more humor. (I don't mean plotwise really, but just in terms of feel and emotion.)

Of course it's 2.26 AM and I'm very tired so my senses and intuition aren't completely to be trusted right now. I'm hoping in terms of football films, it's JERRY MCGUIRE, but it might just be NECESSARY ROUGHNESS or THE REPLACEMENTS.

I finished WELL ADJUSTED BOY as my first UCLA MFA program screenplay last december. Since last december I've written WELL ADJUSTED BOY, HER 14th MISSION, THE KINGDOM OF TOVENRAY, MARRY THE MAN TODAY, and now REMATCH. I love the pace UCLA forces me to keep, 5 screenplays in less than a year seriously rocks rocks rocks.

And actually I kind of have to write one more screenplay during the winter break (I've been tentatively calling it A FARAWAY FOGGY LAND while my producer has been calling it AN AMERICAN PRINCESS), so that will technically be 6 completed screenplays in one year. Which is stupidly crazily awesome.

Posted by jason on November 25, 2008 05:25 AM

Comments

Your amount of work produced this year spins my head, Jason! I would be so stressed out if I had to write that much and come up with the ideas also!

But as Granddaddy often said, "That's why they make chocolate & vanilla ice cream!" Course I like both kinds of ice cream so this saying doesn't really apply to me!

We are so proud of you!

Posted by: Mom on November 25, 2008 07:45 AM

You are my hero.

Posted by: Jonathan on November 25, 2008 01:37 PM

I like the way you YELL ALL YOUR TITLES. None of the other text matters!

Posted by: Mike on November 25, 2008 03:06 PM

Jase--that is so great! What is the newest one about? the one where you and your producer have two different titles?

Posted by: Jessica on November 25, 2008 05:39 PM

That is a crazy amount of writing, Jase!!

BTW, even without knowing the story at all, I like the sound of your title best.

Posted by: kathiek on November 25, 2008 10:41 PM

Jase, I agree with Kathie~

I like your title much better. I would pick up a book with that title, not the other.

Posted by: Mom on November 26, 2008 07:16 AM

I KNOW, right?! The other title sounds like something related to those American dolls, or something of that ilk.

Posted by: kathiek on November 26, 2008 07:25 PM

My husband and i were absolutely joyful when Albert could round up his inquiry through your ideas he discovered out of the web pages. It's not at all simplistic to simply always be making a gift of hints which usually the rest may have been making money from. So we fully understand we need the website owner to give thanks to for that. The most important explanations you have made, the simple site navigation, the friendships you can help to instill - it's got mostly astounding, and it is leading our son and our family believe that the article is enjoyable, which is certainly really indispensable. Many thanks for the whole thing!
louis vuitton store http://louisvuittonstore127.webeden.co.uk