« Thanks for a great screening | Main | Playwriting Injustice! »

January 05, 2009

Random Tidbits

Sorry I haven't been writing much lately. I'll throw some random stuff at you since I don't really have time to write anything cohesive.

* It was nice, very nice, to be home, but as always we didn't get to see anyone enough and that made it tinged with sadness. Plus, it didn't snow! It never does for us.

* I have to write a whole screenplay this week. It's going to be madness.

* I'm also lucky enough to have Jenna visiting us and Jessica and Drew later this week. Good times.

* Our flight back was MUCH better than our flight out to the East Coast. We got switched to a flight that was direct so we avoided a dreaded mad dash in Phoenix. And we got 4 free roundtrip vouchers, too. Huzzah.

* 30 Rock is so funny.

* I can't believe the Eagles are still playing. They were so dead after that tie with the Bengals. Thanks Oakland, Tampa Bay, Minnesota, Chicago and Dallas!

* I saw "The Strangers." It was ok. Like 3 out of 5 stars ok. I appreciated the effort, and it was a solid horror thriller with real character and emotion. But the ending was really pretty lacking. Plus, it should have been called "Quiet. Quiet. LOUD!" because most of the scares came from it being really quiet, really quiet (like amazingly quiet, actually... this movie had so few lines of dialogue it was almost a silent film), and then BOOM something really loud happened. It was cool a few times, but that hand was overplayed.

* This week is unexpectedly stressful. I could have used another week of break, to be honest.

Posted by jason on January 5, 2009 01:27 AM

Comments

Lucky is right!

Posted by: Jessica on January 5, 2009 02:25 AM

Thank God your trip home was better than your trip out, Jase!!

Posted by: kathiek on January 5, 2009 07:25 AM

A whole screenplay in a week! I think that beats preparing a teaching for Sunday! I hope this week goes very, very well for you! You could have used another week of break for sure. It was so very good to see you, Darby, and the kids.

Posted by: Mom on January 5, 2009 09:25 AM

What is the topic of your screenplay?

Posted by: Anonymous on January 5, 2009 04:16 PM

Hmm, care to sell two of those round trip tickets? I have had a bad week and I think California would do me good. Plus, I have two weeks off every month.Plus, I think Darby needs me to come and make her laugh.I'm just saying is all.

Posted by: mers on January 5, 2009 05:38 PM

30 Rock is fantastic, my new love (a drought of new The Office and Arrested Development [yeah, not a new story] forced me to proclaim)

Posted by: jglc on January 5, 2009 10:47 PM

The screenplay will be the Fog Island story I had talked about earlier, a fantasy story about an Asian American girl that I'm writing for a producing student here at UCLA.

Posted by: jason on January 5, 2009 11:20 PM

Numerous thanks for being the mentor on this niche. We enjoyed the post greatly and most of all appreciated how you truly handled the issues I regarded as being controversial. That you are always quite kind towards readers really like me and assist me to in my life. Thank you. Palm Beach Gardens

Posted by: Werner Donahoe on December 21, 2011 02:31 AM